Here is what you see:
- My heart beating before they do anything
- Them hooking me up to the cardiac bypass machine that does the work of your heart and lungs while they repair the heart (I believe I was on this machine for about 35 minutes)
- Dr. Reardon cutting out the tumor & some of the tissue around it (the tumor is the white thing)
- Dr. Reardon sewing the cardiac patch in place
- My heart beating after he's done
I uploaded the video to YouTube and figured I might as well post it here. I get a very strange feeling when I watch this video - not many people get to look at their own heart beating...it's pretty cool! For those that don't like blood and guts I wouldn't look. Check it out here.